Friday, October 7, 2011

The Best Surprise

I have to admit, I was a little down about my birthday this year. I knew it was going to be a Monday, so Maury would have to work, which meant I would end up spending much of the day alone.  Little did I know, my sweet husband, my mom and my grandma had been planning a surprise for me since the beginning of September! Boy, did I feel silly and like a brat after all of the whining and complaining my poor husband had to hear for the weeks leading up to my birthday!

Sunday morning Maury woke up bright and early to go to work for a 24 hour shift, except that was a lie, he really went to the airport to pick up my mom and grandma! He told me before he left we could meet for lunch around 11am so to be ready to go! I got all ready to leave the apartment and drive to a restaurant we had picked.  As I was picking up my purse to walk out the door, the lock started to turn like someone was unlocking the door and my heart started beating SO fast.  I was terrified someone was coming in to get me!! (Dramatic, I know, but it's an irrational fear of mine!) There was Maury is regular clothes (he left in his uniform so I wouldn't catch onto his secret) and right behind him, my mom and grandma came running into the apartment yelling Surprise and Happy Birthday!! I was so shocked that they pulled this off! I was shaking, because I was excited and because of the fear of someone coming into the house.  The next birthday surprise was that they were here until Wednesday, they were staying at the apartment with us, and Maury didn't have work on Monday! I knew this was going to be such a great birthday! :) We spent each day shopping, eating, decorating, eating some more and shopping some more!

Mom and Grandma on the plane 
I am so proud of my grandma for flying here!!

The Space Needle from the sky

Kinda blurry but you get the idea, I was shocked!

Blowing up the air mattress 

On my birthday! :) 

Mom, me and Grandma 

My best friend, twin and mom 

My beautiful grandma 

The 4 of us on my birthday!

Dinner at The Pink Door



We love FroYo!!

My mom and Grandma helped me decorate my apartment and I absolutely love how it turned out. I can't wait until Maury and I have a house so they can help make it beautiful!

Our fireplace mantle 

Our kitchen table decorated for Fall :) 

The new table tray

I am so grateful my mom had the idea to come surprise me on my birthday! I love that we are so close and hate spending time apart. She is my best friend and we have SO much fun every time we are together.  I think we are both very excited for once Maury and I live in Fresno again!

Until next time,

Brie :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment