Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Great State

I know we promised the next post would have wedding pictures, but I still haven't received my disk in the mail, so hopefully later this week I will get it and be able to post some!!

Until then, I wanted to fill you in on some things I have learned since living in Washington.

1.) Rain
   It does rain here, but not nearly as much as people seem to say or think.  I know I've only been here a month, but its been December and January which you would think means cold and rain.  I've realized that yes, it does rain most days and sometimes all day, but usually that is a drizzle off and on.  Sometimes it's literally just a mist.  This does get annoying, but really people, depressing?! It's sunny and warm today! Okay, maybe not warm, but not cold!

2.)  Starbucks
  There is a Starbucks on every corner, because this is where it first started.  I love coffee so this is great expect it is impossible to find a drive-thru Starbucks!  This is actually when the rain or mist become most annoying, because you have to get out into it just to get a coffee.  With this being said, it has cut down on my Starbucks intake, which our bank account appreciates, but I will admit I am sipping on one as I write this :)

3.)  Speed Limit
  The entire I-5 through out the state is 60 mph.  This is annoying mainly because the wonderful people of Washington follow this rule very seriously and no one drives faster.  I don't think I realized how often I had a lead foot until I had to drive here.

4.) Police
   Speaking of the speed limit, the few people that do get pulled over on the freeway are pulled over by these lovely looking people.
 The blue really throws me off and the hats are just hilarious! When I see one I always think of the movie Super Troopers

5.)  Espresso
  You would think this goes along with coffee and Starbucks, but until you have been to Washington you wouldn't understand that an Espresso Shop and Starbucks are very different.  These little espresso shops are also found on every corner, expect the ladies working inside are wearing lingerie or swim suits.  Yes, you read that right, all of the girls are wearing basically nothing and its super awkward!  But don't worry ladies, if you are worried about being a girl and driving up to one, the little shops that don't have those girls are clearly marked!
Bikini Bottom Espresso

I couldn't find a picture but the stops without 'bikinis' usually have a sign on top of them that say "No Bikinis Here."  Why are there so many of these drive-thru's but you can't find a Starbucks drive-thru....hmmmmm....??

There is a long list of things I could write about that are different than California but for now I am just soaking it all in and enjoying living in another state for a year.

-Brie

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Brie...yeah...the Bikini thing is crazy...and...talk to me in say...June about the rain. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady, You make me smile! I can't wait to see it for myself!

    ReplyDelete