Monday, June 20, 2011

Six Month Anniversary

I can't believe Maury and I have been married for 6 months already, time is flying by.  This past 6 months has been so wonderful, I couldn't have asked for a better husband.  He does such a great job of making the time go by fast in Washington and is so patient with me when he comes home from a long day of work and I just talk his ear off.  Maury is so energetic and there is never a dull moment when he is around, I am so grateful for all of the laughs.  We both are so excited for the next 6 months because they are Maury's final months of the military and at the end of these 6 months we get to move home and be with our family and friends daily!

To celebrate these past 6 months we got in the car and drove to a place called George, Washington to see The Band Perry, Luke Bryan and Tim McGraw!  Maury is such a good sport for going to a country concert, but he really did enjoy himself and I caught him singing along quite a few times ;)  The Gorge is an incredible venue.  It is out door in the middle of no where, along the Columbia River.  I don't think there is a bad seat in this place.  You can get a reserved seat very close to the stage or pay a little less and bring your blankets and chairs and sit on a huge grass hill.  The Gorge hold 20,000 people and there are only seats for 5,000.  We had seats that were so close and it was such a great concert!

This state is so beautiful

From the top of the hill

The Gorge Amphitheater 

People finding a spot on the hill

The Band Perry


Waiting for Luke Bryan 
Luke Bryan was so great, I think he stole the whole show!

The people just kept going on forever

Tim McGraw started out in the middle of the hill

Tim McGraw

We had such a great time and talked about the concert the whole way home. Thanks for the best six months of my life and such a fun night celebrating Maury!

Until next time,

Brie :) 


2 comments:

  1. i'm so happy you got to go to the gorge! isn't it amazing? that picture you took on the way to george is the same highway i took coming back home from college. i have many good memories driving that highway. :) and yes, when the sun comes out in WA it is a BIG deal, isn't it? everyone instantly becomes 75% happier. i'm actually in tacoma right now to see my nephew be born! i'm leaving wednesday, but next time i'm here lets for sure get coffee! enjoy soaking up the sun and exploring WA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah!! It was so amazing! I am going back to Fresno today but yes next time you are here please let me know, I would LOVE to get coffee with you and be shown around Tacoma! :)

    ReplyDelete