Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Callan Comes To Seattle

This past weekend I got Callan Sturgis all to myself! It was so exciting to have a friend here and show her all around the area.  I must say I am getting better at navigating this place all on my own, but I still sometimes go the wrong way for awhile before I find my way back.  Callan was a great sport and was right along for the ride with me. I was at the airport bright and early and we headed straight into Seattle! Our first stop, of course, was the first Starbucks.  We were ready for our morning coffee!

Together at last

After coffee we enjoyed the AMAZING weather walking around Pikes Place Market and the Water Front!  We got the idea to do the Underground Tour at 11:50 and walked 5 blocks so fast to get there for the first tour, but missed it! So we bought tickets for the next tour and waited about an hour for it!

Callan riding a pig in the middle of Pikes Place, I was mortified!


The best little donut stand in Pikes Place Market


It was such a beautiful day!!!




Friends Forever

Maury was suppose to be at work all day Friday but there was a nail in his tire and I happened to be in Seattle, so he got the day off from work and enjoyed video games and alone time! Once we finished walking around Seattle and had lunch on the patio at Steamers we headed back to our apartment.  There was a TON of traffic, so of course we stopped and shopped at H&M in Tacoma! That night we had dinner by our house at Sushi Train and ended the night watching our wedding video since Callan didn't get to be there.

Maury and I at dinner (Callan's new camera has really cool settings!)
Callan and I...I look like I'm wearing something different! Haha

Saturday morning we lounged around most of the morning because Callan and I had both been up by 4am Friday morning! Once we got ready, we headed back into Seattle to see The Seattle Art Museum and the Space Needle.  The weather wasn't as good but we were indoor for both things, so it worked out perfectly!

Crazy Art

Maury and I looking at this awesome piece made out of thousands of dog tags

Reading about another art piece

Callan and I on top of the Space Needle

The three amigos in front of the Space Needle with Callan's Super Special (camera) Setting!

Saturday night ended with take out Wok on Fire, a mongolian bbq by our house and the movie The Switch.  Sunday morning came way to early when Callan had to go back to Santa Cruz at 9 am :( I am so glad she was able to make a trip here alone.  We had wonderful conversations and I always feel so lucky to get advice or her opinion on life! She is an extremely wise woman that I am very blessed to call a friend! Come back soon Callan!!!

Until Next Time,

Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment