Monday, March 14, 2011

Grandparents Came To Town - Day 1

This weekend we had the opportunity to show my wonderful grandparents around Seattle and Olympia! Let me just say, I've been exhausted ever since they left because they wanted to see so much, it was so nice.  They got to town by noon on Friday and we didn't waste any time, we got right back into the car and I got to give my first solo tour of the military base! Once Maury got off work we had a quick lunch and then rushed to Olympia in hopes to get into the Capitol building before it closed.

I was impressed if this was as close as we were going to get, but that wasn't enough for my grandpa


Grandpa running up the stairs to get us inside before 5pm!

Let's just say we got inside and were given a private tour by a guy named Paul.  He seriously went above and beyond showing us the Lt Governors office and insisting we sit at his desk and take pictures. He gave us so much information and history and my grandpa was so thrilled. The trip could have been over for him right there probably! Haha

Maury and I inside the House Chamber

Maury at the Lt Governors Desk

Then it was my turn
Washington

The Governors Office

The entire building was beautiful marble inside, solid oak doors, and gold trims everywhere. It honestly was breath taking and I'm so glad my grandpa insisted we go and walk around.  We finished off the day with a long walk around Capitol Lake watching the sun go down and having great conversations with two of my favorite people in the world! After dinner we came back to our apartment and watched live updates of the UC Davis baseball game that my brother was playing in.

Have you seen this cute boy?! He had a great game and we are all so proud of him! Go #8!! :)


Until Next Time,

Brie 

No comments:

Post a Comment