Saturday, May 28, 2011

Homemade Pizza From Scratch

I just got done making the BEST homemade pizza all from scratch, so I thought I would share it with the blog world!  If you know my husband you know he loves his pizza, so I was a little worried he might not like this but I am very proud to say he loved it and said I could "make this pizza any day of the week for him!" Success!! I had never made a homemade pizza before but had every ingredient in our pantry so I just dove right in and gave it a try! The best part is the crust doesn't have any yeast in it so it's super simple!

Pizza Crust:                                                
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour                         
2 3/4 tsp baking powder                              
1 tsp salt                                                      
1 tbsp oil                                                     
1 cup water

Pizza Sauce:
1 can tomato sauce
1 tsp crushed garlic (I used about 1/2 because I was nervous)
1-2 tbsp sugar (I used 2, but I think only 1 would be better!)
Oregano (as much as you'd like to taste)

So I took pictures to share the process.  I don't think they are that good of pictures but you get the idea! Maybe I will have to invest in a better camera if I continue to find such good recipes ;)

Crust Ingredients + Water

Combine all dry ingredients then add oil and water

Knead together for about 3-4 minutes (if it's too sticky add a little more water)

Sauce Ingredients

Mix all ingredients together

Preheat over to 400 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray

We just added Cheddar and Mozzarella cheese but you could add anything your heart desires!

Spread dough out on cooking sheet

Add sauce 

Add lots and lots of cheese :) the best part!

In the process of baking

Bake for 15 minutes! 

Maury-the former pizza guy- cutting up our pizza

We cut it into 10 slices!

I was beyond surprised that in only 15 minutes the crust was cooked perfectly, the cheese was not only melted, but gooey and browned just right and it was piping hot! And best of all, it wasn't greasy at all! Seriously, what more could you ask for?! I did add 2 Tbsp of sugar to the sauce mix, but I think next time I will only add 1 Tbsp. It was just a little bit too sweet of a taste for my liking.  Anyways, I hope everyone gives this recipe a try.  It took about 25 minutes from start to finish and in my book thats a great recipe! :)

Until next time,

Brie :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment